This June, can you do something wild every day for a month?
Make room for nature this June – no matter where you are or how busy your life! When you sign up to the challenge, the Wildlife Trust will send you a pack full of ideas, encouragement and Random Acts of Wildness. You’ll also receive a funky wallchart to track your progress, a wild badge, and regular blasts of inspiration throughout June to help you make nature part of your life.
What is a Random Act of Wildness?
A Random Act of Wildness is any thing that you can do in an average working day to bring a little nature into your life. They can take a few seconds, a few minutes, or if you lose yourself completely, a few hours! We’ve got 101 ideas below – but you can make up your own, too!
We are encouraging all children at GLPA to sign up with their families for this exciting activity.
Sign up today HERE!
Here are some activities and places you may want to check out.
– Check out Garforth and Kippax Nature Reserves – http://www.ywt.org.uk/reserves -and enter GLPA postcode – LS25 2JX
– Nature Activities and Events for all ages throughout the year – http://www.ywt.org.uk/whats-on Pre-booking and payment required for some events
– Springwatch Festival, Potteric Carr, Doncaster, 4th June 2016 – http://www.ywt.org.uk/springwatch-festival – pond dipping, mini-beasts, stalls, BBQ and full programme of bookable events
– Nature Discovery Week, from 30th May 2016, Junction 32 Outlet Village, check out this and other events at http://www.experiencewakefield.co.uk and click on Half-term Fun
– Room on the Broom Trail at Anglers Country Park (nr Nostell Priory) http://www.experiencewakefield.co.uk/countryside.aspx including links to downloadable activity sheet.